Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Idol upset bigger than we thought???


adam-lambert.jpg

Before I begin this you should all know that I DO like Kris Allen. I will probably buy his music and love it. However, as much as i LIKE Kris, I LOVE Adam. The talent is undeniable. Plus, whenever Kris sings and extended note he shifts his chin to the right and it bugs me to no end. It just.....looks seriously weird and some what demented.  I would cringe every time he did it, obviously he was way too modest because if he had ever tried singing in front of a mirror he would have fixed this.   I wasn't going to blog at all about the upset, I was able to vent to a friend who agreed whole heartedly and thought I was done with it. After all, it isn't like Adam wont have an incredible career without the title of American Idol! But, this morning as I was skimming through the news headlines on the internet I came across this story. Who knows how much of a difference all this made, but I thought it was noteworthy none the less. Plus it helped explain things in my own mind. 

Take it for what you will....
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/27/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main5042391.shtml

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Well, well, well. What do you know. We didn't follow AI this year. Now I'm extra glad. What is the world coming to?

Jessica M said...

I was also shocked by the results and I actually VOTED for Kris. I love Kris, I love Adam, thought Adam would have the glamour rocker card pulling him to the front for sure.

Funny you mentioned that article, I actually saw Kris and Adam on the Today Show yesterday and the newscaster was asking what they thought about it. They explained a little more of what happened and said that the "call collecting company" is actually set up to screen mass calling so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Interesting.

BTW, thanks again for my birthday cookies and plate! You're great!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hey, Sonja! Thanks for leaving a comment. I loved looking at your blog. You have such cute boys! And Jessica has just introduced me to the world of couponing . . . I am excited! So, what year did you get married?