Thursday, September 10, 2009

Memories of Madison


Lately I have been feeling unproductive. It is almost ironic because my house is more organized than ever - I've been running everyday (even beat Sean's time last night for the 2 mile loop in our neighborhood - woo hoo!) and getting a ton accomplished on projects around the house. What I am starting to realize is that sure, all of that helps, yet I really need to have more of a creative outlet in my life. Nothing else brings me the same kind of peace, stability or sense of accomplishment in my life. I also need to have a place to share it, so after a year of being a pathetic blogger - I am determined to come back in full force! I need to force myself to start scheduling time where my camera comes out of the bag - I need to quit watching videos, reading blogs and magazines on how to take great pictures and actually start taking them again!

This summer I went back to Wisconsin for the family reunion and to see my Grandfather. My mom and I spent a day driving around the east side of Madison, going to the parks, beaches and houses I grew up in. Next year we will hit Stoughton, the other main area of my childhood, but this was all we had time for this trip. It made me realize what an incredible and beautiful place I lived. At least I can say that when my visit took place during the summer months. In the winter....not so much. I made this video clip of all the pictures and video clips I took from the trip. Hope you like it!

Oh - on a side note, you can call me indecisive but I'm not changing my blog - I'll use my other blog for posting other stuff.


2 comments:

Jessica M said...

How lovely! What beautiful homes you grew up in! The video was so great, I need to do some of those as all our videos are still hiding in the tapes on with they were filmed. You inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sonja! These 2 posts just made my week! I've really really missed reading up on you guys all the time! I LOOOOOVE the pictures. What beautiful videos, it looks like you grew up in a wonderful place. That video belongs on Oprah, really. You look great by the way! And Jason looks so much like Sean. They are really growing up and it breaks my heart almost as much as it does with my own boys.