Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama



So, I know this will come as a shock to a lot of you. It happened so fast that my main priority was packing and arranging the move - I didn't have much time to fill everyone in so here is the big news.... we have moved to Huntsville, Alabama!!! Sean got a great job working for SAIC that he is soooo excited about and after the kids and I researched the area we were just as excited about the move as he was! The schools are great, the climate is mild and the housing prices are incredible. So we arrived last night and after a week of being on the road I am beyond thrilled to be here. So far we have only see the hotel, Red Robin and a really nice outdoor mall down the street from the hotel so I don 't have much to base this on - but I like it so far! Today we are going to church and then to Sean's cousins house for dinner (Yes - he even has a cousin here in Alabama. We find that family everywhere we go and it continues to amaze me!) I am sure I will have many more impressions of our new home in the coming days but for now I will simply put up a few of the pictures so you can all see that we are still alive and doing well!






8 comments:

Elaine Parry said...

I'm so glad that you like it there in Alabama!! Hope you have fun there!

Stacey Banks said...

We are so glad that you made it safely "home". We miss you all ready. Keep posting pictures of those adorable boys of yours, Sean too, so we can keep in touch and watch them grow, Sean too. :)
Stacey
P.S. I LOVE BLOGGING! Thank you so much for introducing me to it. Love you Sonja.

Adriane said...

Sean & Sonja!
I'm thrilled. You guys are only 8 hours away! That's like nothing! Tell Clifford Lee Stratton hello from me. We lived next door to each other at BYU for a semester and then I think he got married kind soon after that. He is the nicest guy. I'm sure you are going to enjoy your new home. My friends from Tucson lived in Huntsville and they loved it and wanted to go back all of the time. Hey, we need to plan some trips to see each other. Jonnie and the kids are coming here on her way back to Chicago. I'm really excited to see them. Oh and tell Sean that on my plane flight back to AZ from that fun mother's day weekend yes, the flight on the records shows 2 hours and 40 minutes, but as we're flying the pilot said and I quote, "This flight will be a 2 hour and 20 minute flight." Sean I am not lying!!! You have to believe me on my word and my life and the life of my father I'm telling the truth. It was a 2 hour and 20 minute flight!!!! Seriously. If you don't believe me Sean I'm not sure that I can drive the 8 hours to come and see you. Ha! Ok....love ya, Adriane

OP said...

We miss you!! I am glad you made it. It looks beautiful. Please let me know your new phone number.

The Revie Family said...

I'm so glad you seem to like it so far. I miss you so much already. Of course, your boys are adorable in these photos. Good luck and keep in touch.

Melanie said...

i'm glad you got there safe!! i called and left a message on sean's phone a few days ago, but i'm sure he didn't give you the message. ;) y'all look great and ty ty is getting so big!!

Raylene said...

Wow, Alabama! I'm glad you like it. Looks beautiful there. You're boys are getting so big! Just FYI, I'm getting induced in the morning. Scary, but a relief too!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Alabama. I knew you would take it. I hope we get to see you again soon. Did Bella come along, how did she make the trip?
Sean, droopy is dandy. Repeat and memorize.
love you guys. Enjoy heaven.