Saturday, April 5, 2008

Birthdays!

When my mom comes in the spring we usually celebrate her Birthday along with Jackson's. They are only a few days apart which makes it fun. During this trip we spent some time talking about how much fun it was 5 years ago when he was born. It was such a crazy and exciting time in out lives. We have just moved to Germany (literally - we didn't even have our furniture yet!!) and had moved into an old farm house in a small German town. It was beautiful - think Hansel and Gretel but better! One of the things I loved most about Germany was what a big deal they made of Easter. It seemed so much more Christ centered than how we do it here in America. We had fun hanging plastic eggs from the trees, our neighbor Anna was always bring these beautiful painted eggs over for the kids to eat, all the flowers we coming out and everything was sooo green. We also had no TV, one radio station and everything seemed so peaceful. We played soccer with Jason in the backyard, took walks to the park, talked to neighbor and enjoyed every minute of our precious newborn. I love being back in America but there will always be a lot that I miss about our time in Germany. It was a great time for our family.

Here are a few pictures from celebrating this birthday with Jack and Grandma.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

that is one HUGE candle!!

Sonja said...

Tell me about it!! I couldn't find the small ones so..... :)

Anonymous said...

I miss Germany too.:(
It's hard to believe Jackson's turning 5! I just thought he would somehow always be a toddler.
I really hope we see you soon.