Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hallmark failed me.....

So, I know that I haven't posted in a while, and I do promise that there will be multiple posts coming soon (maybe even later today if I can get my act together) but in the meantime....I am feeling really cynical. This probably wont be the most positive post and truthfully there is a lot that I would love to vent that I will leave out of this. The one thing I can tell you is that for the first time in my life - Hallmark has completely and utterly failed me. You see, I have this friend (who will remain nameless) who's life is basically falling apart right now. I feel helpless to do anything to ease her pain and in my helplessness I decided the least I could do was send a card of encouragement and love. Off I headed to Hallmark and to my surprise, I couldn't find the section on "So sorry your husband is a lying idiot" (There are a lot of other words that I could probably come up with but I am trying to keep this post as PG as possible) Anyways, my point is that in today's times I thought Hallmark would have this covered - I think they are missing a huge market share. Maybe I should contact them - I have had a list of possible card saying running through my head all night. But....like I said, I am keeping it PG so I will keep all my brilliant sayings to my self. But for all of you reading this - the myth has been busted - Hallmark does NOT have a card for every occasion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. This is Autumn. (One of the Utah Eameses) I have also been betrayed by Hallmark! A friend of mine broke her tailbone and I went to get her a get well card, but there weren't any to convey the appropriate Get wellness. I ended up making a card and giving her some crispy cream donuts.

Melanie said...

i'm lmao on this one, you are too funny!!