Monday, September 22, 2008

Halloween Decorations

I was thinking about getting out my Fall/Halloween Decorations soon, but I don't think there is much need. I woke up the other morning, walked on to the front porch and realized that Decorations had already been put up. Here is what I found!

He was about 4 - 5 inches long and I say "was" because thanks to my favorite shoes and a brave husband, this little guy is no longer with us. I guess this means that I still need to get out the decorations! Happy Fall!

7 comments:

Winter said...

Ewwww spiders are yucky! It's creepy lookin, do you know what kind it *was*???

Raina said...

very scary! I actually had a very colorful one like that one on my leg when I lived in Utah. I screamed and shook and ran all the way home. It looks dangerous, or is it just a garden spider?

Sonja said...

From what I could find online - I think it is called a golden orb weaver or something like that. It isn't supposed to be dangerous but will bite if provoked!

Sonja said...

From what I could find online - I think it is called a golden orb weaver or something like that. It isn't supposed to be dangerous but will bite if provoked!

Farrah said...

Yikes! I would totally freak out! Good thing you have lots of brave boys all around!

Raylene said...

Yikes. We don't grow them that big in WY. I guess there are some good things about living where it's so cold.

Stacey Banks said...

You are right Sonja. It's also called a banana spider. They are everywhere in Hawaii.

Stacey