Monday, April 11, 2011

I have regrets.

Big ones...

And here is the regret for today: I tend to compare myself to others WAY to much! (I'm not the only one right?) I used to love blogging, I loved writing about my little family and reading the comments from my friends that followed. However, the habit of comparing reared its ugly head... My blog wasn't as cute, the writing not as witty, the layout not as appealing, the pictures not as well taken. So, I gave up something that I loved doing. It wasn't a decision I woke up one day and made, it was a decision that my inaction made for me. The problem is that I have spent so much time regretting all the things that have happened in our family that I wish I had written about! So, I'm not making promises, I may not blog again for another year or so. However, I will try. Try not to care if my blog isn't what I want it to be and will try to just let it be! Try to once again enjoy writing about the funny and touching moments of my life with these four little ones I love so much. If for no other reason that I seem to have the worst memory lately and hopefully this will help me remember these years that are passing by way to quickly.

Random things I'd like to remember:

TYLER'S BACKSTROKE
The kids are swimming. It has become a huge part of our life but they are loving it. The older two are on year round swim team but we have been trying to get Tyler ready for summer swim team so we put him in private lessons a few months ago. He has made huge progress and can now swim 25 meters in backstroke and freestyle. When he first learned backstroke, his teacher looked down and wondered why he was only using one arm. Turns out the other arm was holding on to the strings of his swim suit. According to Tyler he was "holding up his belly button!"

KATIE
I love having a daughter. I always knew I would but I really wasn't prepared for how much. I thought I would love the cute clothes and hair bows (and I do) but it is so much more than that! Not really sure how to put it into words without sounding overly corny but I can't imagine our family without her.

FRIENDS
I am grateful for friends lately. I used to make friends really easily. Four years ago, I was more open, more outgoing and probably more fun. But life happens. I may not like it but some of that "life" changed me and I'm more reserved now about who open up to, more afraid I'll get hurt and less willing to let friends in. I'm working on it. Everyday. So, when Katie was born I was so touched by the people that came to help. It reminded me of all the people that I have here that care, friends that I could turn to if I needed anything. It happened again a few weeks ago when I hurt my arm. (Jason fell on it while we were playing on the trampoline-ow!) There they were again, coming over to help, bringing food, changing my sheets and just calling to check on me. Life with four kids can get busy, and sometimes I try to convince myself that it is enough to be a wife and a mother. But it's not. Being a friend and having friends, makes me a better me in all areas of my life. It brings balance to the busyness.

FUNNY DINNER CONVERSATION
The other night at dinner Jackson sighed and asked, "Mom, why did Satan turn against heavenly father?" Tyler didn't miss a beat, turned to him and said, "It's because he's Brittish!"
Not sure where he comes up with this stuff, but we sure enjoy it!


2 comments:

Jessica M said...

I'm delighted! I'm so happy you're writing. And I really enjoy reading it! So please continue.

What a cute font. Seriously.

I've been grateful for friends lately too, coincidence?

Charity said...

Yay! SO glad to see you blogging again. :-)