Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yesterday wasn't my favorite day. There were 8 loads of laundry (only 6 were completed) errands to run, kids to take to swim team, a huge school project to help Jason with and an endless list of things I would have rather been doing. On top of that I have had a nagging headache that comes and goes for the past few days and I haven't been sleeping well at all. So, I was a little (ok, maybe a lot if you ask my kids and husband) cranky. Cranky, but trying my best. So when the rain started to fall, I felt instantly comforted. I love the rain. I always have. I think I love it more when it seems to match my mood on the inside. So I scooped up my adorable baby from the highchair, grabbed her dinner of plums with applesauce and headed to the front porch to watch it pour. Of course the whole family followed and can I just say that there is nothing better than watching your kids run around in the rain. There are no electronics involved and yet pure joy seems to radiate from them as they splash around and are beyond thrilled to get soaked to the bone! Now, if only inside showers could excite them the same way..... Anyway, after all that excitement, who would have thought it could get better? But, of course, it did, in a big way! It was one of the best rainbows I have seen in years. If only I had a a lens that could have captured it in it's entirety.

The kids were convinced that the rainbow was ending at our friends house who lives a few blocks away. I thought about making a joke about the pot of gold being their three daughters but decided to let them enjoy the fun instead of turning it into a "Mo-ooom" (insert annoyance when reading aloud) moment for them all! So, Jessica -if they come knocking and asking about the pot of gold - they really do mean gold, not girls.


And on a completely random note that is covered in spinach....

I can't seem to get enough of these baby blues! I mean, can you blame me?

2 comments:

Charity said...

She really is adorable. Thanks for sharing the beauty in your life.

Jessica M said...

I completely missed the rainbow! Wish they had banged on my door so I could have seen it.

I also love rain. I often stop what I'm doing to watch it drip down my windows.