Monday, October 29, 2007

It was a long week.....


So last week while Sean was gone I managed to break both the TV and the computer. It just seemed like everything was going wrong and all I was doing to cope with it was getting mad at the kids. So, Saturday I had a mini break down and then we went to the ward Halloween party. Fun! Actually it wasn't that bad, I just don't feel like I fit in this ward yet. So I spend my time with my family and just say hi to a bunch of people that I really don't know very well. This was my whole fear about moving back to Arizona. Everyone here seems to be surrounded by friends that they have had forever and a ton of family. I miss being in military wards where you were all in similar situations and were looking for new friendships. I know I am just complaining because I have hit the 6 month point and that seems to always be my breaking point when we move somewhere new but so much has happened lately to add to it all. Sean has been gone a ton which is never fun, the only person I do spend time with from family is moving away, and I got together with a friend of mine from years ago before I joined the church. I loved seeing her again but it also made me sad that I have missed out on so much time with so many friends I had made over the years that I no longer talk to. One of the downfalls to moving so much in my life is that I feel like I am always starting over and I am terrible about keeping in touch with people. I am trying to change this, Melanie is helping :), but sometimes it just feels lonely. I think Sean being gone is adding to the feeling big time. But on the bright side, I haven't given up... I keep trying and I know it will get better, it always does somehow! In the mean time, I am determined to handle things better this week than last. I refuse to yell at the kids as much and I am going to be more organized about my time. Of course I say that while I waste time on the computer but I needed to get this all out. So Melanie, if you were wondering why I didn't call this weekend, now you will have an idea! :) Anyway, I am off to do loads and loads of laundry. It is going to be a better week even if I have to force it!

Oh, I added the picture of the kids just for fun..

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Umm... one of the "upsides" to moving all the time is that you met me!!! LOVE YOU! MUAH!

Tauni said...

I know what you mean about keeping in touch. In the 22 wards that I have lived in and remember, I haven't been able to keep in touch with everyone that I would like to. However, when I am visiting in the area, I always try to catch up with old friends and it's like we've never been apart. One of my best friends moved and prayed for a bosom friend and the Lord provided. I was so happy she found a new friend in her new ward. It is great to have bosom friends all over the country!