Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Photo Shoot Fun!

So today I did a photo shoot with Jackson and Tyler and while I got some great shots, I also captured one of their typical, everyday fights! Here is how it goes...

I tell Jackson to lean over and kiss Tyler on the cheek,







As you can see, Ty wanted nothing to do with his brother, much less have his lips anywhere near him!
Jack tried to make things better...



...but was shot down again...



At this point Ty realized that he was in trouble and that Jackson was upset. )Although I tend to think that the pout on his face had more to do with knowing that he was in trouble!)





Finally they made up...

Once Jackson was out of the picture and Tyler felt as if he was getting his way, I was able to get this great shot!

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into our daily life in a house full of crazy boys! It is always entertaining if nothing else. Yesterday, I was working on the computer when Jackson came in and calmly stated, "Mom, I think the toilet is broken." (Not a great thing to hear from your 4 year old!) "What do you mean broken?" I asked "Maybe you should come see" replied Jackson. I hurried to the bathroom to be met in the hallway by water flowing out of the bathroom and Tyler standing there smiling at me like he had made his own personal swimming pool. When I looked into the bathroom, the plunger was laying in a very full, overflowing toilet! Apparently, while Jackson was cutting up a bar of hand soap using playdough tools, Tyler thought it would be fun to unroll the entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet. The toilet on the other hand wasn't thrilled about this idea. Of course instead of coming to get me right away, they decided they could fix it themselves. I am sure they were thinking something along the lines of...'we are the sons of a Home Depot man, why would we need to consult mom to fix something as manly as a clogged toilet!' So, while it was a lot to clean up, at least it was just water and toilet paper! I know it could have been worse! Later in the day, when enough time had passed that I could laugh about the whole thing, I wished I had taken a picture of the overflowing water and the plunger in the toilet. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, especially when it deals with a toilet!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

that was the funniest blog ever!! no seriously, i LOVE those pics of tyler and that pouty lip. oh yah, and i love potty humor!

Anonymous said...

This was a funny photo shoot - I loved it. Can't wait to shower those boys with hugs and kisses. The toilet story was pretty funny too!

Unknown said...

He he. I'm not exactly sure boys are worse than girls. Yesterday I found Paige elbow-deep in our toilet trying to get a hair bow out with my tweezers. Yes, that's my tweezers that I put right near my face to pluck my eyebrows! Ewww. Although, I agree that it could have been A LOT worse. It was just toilet water and a wet hair bow. Kids are great!

Anonymous said...

This was funny!