Thursday, November 8, 2007

Random Thoughts


So ever since Jason has had to read 2, 60 page books every month for school I have been searching for a book that would actually interest him. You know, a book that he would want to read so that it wouldn't seem like such a chore. I found it!!! I couldn't be happier. It is called Dragonling by Jackie French Koller. The best part is that it is the first in a series and I can't get him to stop reading! Maybe it was because I was an only child but I have such great memories of reading as a child. I want to give my kids that gift. So, now that Jason is set that probably means it is time to start teaching Jackson to read, maybe after Christmas....

On a much more disgusting note, this morning I found bella trying to eat one of Tyler's poopy diapers. I gagged and then tried to wash out her mouth in the sink, which she wasn't too crazy about. Needless to say she is banned to her crate for a while until I can deal with her again! It is a good thing I know that as cute as puppies are, the good parts about owning a dog don't come until you put in a good two years. It is all about perspective, right?

So I am singing in Church on Sunday. It will be my first time singing in the new ward. I can't say I am nervous because I am doing one of my favorite songs that I have performed a bunch before but the first time for new people always rattles me a little. But I think it is a good rattle, I always seem to have a shaky note at the beginning of the song that ticks me off. Then my competitive nature kicks in and the rest of the song goes great so that no one will remember the shaky note!! oh well.....

I know this blog has been really random but I havent' written in a while. Since the blog was random I decided to add a random picture as well! This was last Febuary on our trip to Puerto Vallarta. It sealed the deal for my kids that they are going to learn spanish and grow up to be dolphin trainers. It think it was the moment they saw one of the trainers "surf" the dolphin that did it for them!

off to clean the house!!! See ya next time :)

3 comments:

Tauni said...

You have fulfilled my dream by proxy! I love the picture with the dolphins, and if your boys do become trainers they will fulfill my other dream by proxy! I'm so glad they are reading so well. Lance really loved The Magic Tree House series. I would love to find him another series that he really takes to.

Sonja said...

I told them they could only be dolphin trainers if they let me come swim at least once a month. So, you can just come with me! :) It really was an incredible experience!

Tauni said...

Just tell me when and where and I'll be there!