Thursday, November 8, 2007

Old Friends

So it just struck me as I was sending out a mass email to let everyone know about this blog that some of the people I was informing, I hadn't spoken to in FOREVER! Considering that they might be confused about what our family was up to I decided to take this chance to fill them all in. As I am sure they would tell you with much enthusiam, I am terrible at keeping in touch with people! So here is my feeble attempt to fix that!
The Eames time line
Fall 2002 - Sean joined the Air force
Most of you knew at least this but since this is where the journey began it seemed weird not to include it!
March 2003 - We moved to Germany
At first it seemed like one of the worst times in my life but it became one of the best. Some of my best memories and best friends were in Germany. I miss it, I miss the culture, the sights, the travel, the people, but most of all I miss the closeness you felt with friends when you are all on the other side of the world and just trying to make the best of it!
April 2005 - Moved to California
California was short, only 7 months. However, during this time my oldest son started kindergarten and my youngest and 3rd son was born. As short as it was, it was great. While usually it takes me at least 6 months to make a place seem like home...we met Jesse and Trisha our first week there and the next 7 months we like an extended party. Living on base was a blast and everyone should at least get a short amount of time to live near the ocean!
November 2005 - Moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming
It was cold and windy and the baby ended up in the Hospital for 8 days with RSV but other than that we bought a home that I loved and even more than the home, I loved that my soon to be best friend, Melanie, lived about 7 houses away! We met great people in Cheyenne and it was a lot of fun. However, Sean was coming up on his 4 year mark in the Air Force and started considering getting out. We thought and prayed a ton and it felt like the right thing to do so right after he pinned on Captain, we made the break! He started applying for jobs and I started freaking out!! Despite all my freak outs ( which Sean could tell you about in great detail) he ended up getting hired by the Home Depot to manage one of their stores. That should happen next summer/fall - he is still in their training program call the Store Leadership Program. He is still doing the reserves so at least I can still go to the commissary!
April 2007 - Moved to Arizona
Home Depot brought us back to Arizona which is what we consider to be home, it was a hot summer but I am finally starting to remember why we moved here now that it has cooled off! If anyone wants to visit, now is the time! :)
So, there it is in a nutshell. Sean and I have 3 sons and a dog and we are doing great in Arizona. It has been a wild ride at times but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Any questions? you will just have to leave a comment! HA!

6 comments:

Tauni said...

You missed the marriage!! That was the beginning, June 9, 1997! Sorry I missed it!

Sonja said...

Point taken....I guess I did leave out the first few years!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonja, we're here. You've inspired me, I even copied your intro style. Love reading your page.

Sonja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

it's a good thing you put me in there, or you would have been in trouble!! ;)j/k did you watch the bachelor tonight??

Sonja said...

I just finished, he is so picking Jenny! I can't wait to gloat to you next week! ;)