Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All for One and One for All!

All last month, at least 3 or 4 times a week, I would consistently hear the words, "Mom, how much longer until Halloween?" Well, after much anticipation, it finally arrived. The boys were thrilled to dress up in their Musketeer costumes and head out to gather as much candy as they could carry!

The evening began with a Truck or Treat at the church building. (Trunk or Treat= cars lined up in the church parking lot with trunks open as the owners of those cars pass out candy and visit with friends) It was supposed to start at 5 pm and due to the kids excitement, we were actually on time. The problem was that not many people were. My kids made the parking lot circle in about 6 minutes and then what? Well, cars were still pulling in...so they just kept circling!! All in all it ended up with plastic pumpkins filled to the breaking point and then they were ready to leave. Except for Tyler, who went around the circle maybe twice and then found a place in the grass to sit and eat his treasures!






This is my friends daughter as little red riding hood. I couldn't resist posting it! She is so cute!


After the Trunk or Treat, we headed home to conquer the neighborhood. Jason, Jackson and the friends we had over couldn't wait to start. But, once again, Tyler felt a little differently. Here is what he looked like as soon as we got home:
So, while Tyler slept, we went from door to door having lots of fun. That lasted for about an hour until we realized that Jason was no longer with the group. This is NOT the first time I have lost Jason on Halloween. I think too much candy does things to his brain. I wasn't too panicked this time, he's 8, he knows his address, and last time he was only 5. So, I ran back home and he was getting there at the same time I was. All was good but we decided that was enough fun for one Halloween night. We went inside where the adults had fun visiting and the candy trading between the kids began. All in all, it was a great Halloween. We still have TONS of candy if anyone needs some! :)

3 comments:

Hilary said...

We scored 22 lbs of candy. I couldn't resist it, so Dave took 8 lbs to work, Elaine took 3 lbs to one of her teachers who throws it at students as incentive (go figure), and we just hid the remaining 7 lb. What? It doesn't add up? It does if you count my weight gain over the past 2 weeks.

Carson said...

Those are such cute costumes. What a great idea, three muskateers!. Little red riding hood is sure cute too.

Raina said...

Hey I didn't see this one. Way cute costumes!
Hey my blog says five months ago, I update once a month! I guess that is why people don't like going private.
I hope you got home ok from the drive. We are recooping over here.