Monday, November 10, 2008

Cotton Belt of America



So apparently we live in the Cotton Belt. This is a phrase that even a few months ago would have meant very little to me. But not anymore. I have fallen in love with cotton! (Is this sounding too much like a fruit of the looms advertisement?) I mean, I had seen the plants, they were green, they were every where, toward the end they had little white dots on them and then suddenly, they were gorgeous. Breathtaking. I had no idea cotton looked like this. I am sad I didn't get my entire family into the field for a picture but we aren't going anywhere so there is always next year. Here it is, my newest love. Let me know what you think!






2 comments:

Jessica M said...

I'm going to get you a copy of Elvis singing "Dixie" so you can really FEEL the love of cotton, you'll be officially southernized.

The picture of Kaylah on the hay wagon is so cute!

The picture of Alex and I at the Halloween party needs to disappear...
Y'all look totally cute though.

Anonymous said...

I think what I love even more than the cotton is the old car in the middle of the field.
Just in case you didn't know where you are, we have the rusty car in the cottong field to help you out.