Thursday, November 6, 2008

Military Fun!

So most everyone who reads this knows that my husband spent just under 5 years as an officer in the Air Force. It was a great time in our lives and he is still in the AF Reserves. I love him being a reservist and I know it isn't easy for him. Essentially, he has a second job that isn't the most convenient when it comes to scheduling. We appreciate all the work he does and luckily there are benefits for us. One of those is being able to vacation on bases.Every time we do this there are things my boys just couldn't see anywhere else. When we used to frequent Camp Pendalton, it was the marines doing PT on the beach and all the hover crafts doing training exercises within view of our cabin. On this last vacation we stayed at a Navy Base. The base had this incredible Aircraft museum and ALL the boys in my family were in heaven. They had all these cockpits of jets and helicopters that you could sit in, pretending you were in the heat of the battle, I'm sure! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, Sean or the boys! Here are some fun pictures from the day.














No comments: