Monday, November 3, 2008

Tyler Turns Three!!

I am not sure exactly when it happened but somewhere just before his third birthday, Diego was pretty much thrown out the window and Thomas the Train became Tyler's latest obsession. Luckily, Jackson was seriously into Thomas at that age so I was able to open up the old toys and it was as if Tyler had gone to Thomas heaven! We kept his birthday pretty simple - mainly due to the fact that we haven't lived here long enough, and don't really know enough people yet to throw him a party. I mean, we know people....but not to the point where I am going to say, "Hey..come on over, eat Thomas cake and bring my child one more toy that he really doesn't need!" Anyway...It was just the family and a few presents, but that is the beauty of a 3 year old- to him it was perfect.

I can't believe my youngest is three. I try to cherish every cuddly moment I can with him but he likes to tell me often that he "is NOT a baby". It's true, I keep waiting for the day he will surpass Jackson in height and weight. He's huge, and he's tough. I mean, not just 3 year old tough but you will get hurt kind of tough. When Sean wrestles with all the boys....Tyler is the one that always causes the most damage! It is crazy to me that my baby, the one who weighed only 6 and a half pounds at birth and was in and out of the hospital the first year of his life is now this tough, robust little kid. I am grateful, but it amazes me none the less.

So what does he like now that he is three?- Thomas the Train (I probably didn't need to mention that one!)
- Playing with Friends
- Swinging
- Watching out the window for his brothers to get off the bus
- Bella, our dog (these two are the best of buddies)
- Reading books with mom
- Eating - I swear all I hear during the day is "Mom - I hun-gy"

Things he hates?
- Anything with Tomato sauce on it
- Getting out of the bath or shower (I swear the kid could stay in all day)
- Not getting what he wants....

We feel so blessed to have Tyler in our family. He is sweet, he is loveable and he is hilarious! I don't know what we would do with out him!















Happy Birthday!!



oh...can I also mention that it is crazy yet wonderful that I don't have any children in diapers? I mean, I have spent the last 8 and a half years changing diapers and now....nothing. I LOVE IT!! ;)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you.
I hope you'll have a nice holiday.

Lynette said...

Kayla and I love the pictures. Kayla asked why she didn't get to go to his birthday party. She wants to come and play with all the toys he got for his birthday. Love the new background!
Lynette and Kayla

Jessica M said...

I love the birthday cake pictures! So sweet! And we TOTALLY would have come and brought a pointless present. =0) Happy Birthday Tyler!!

Melanie said...

oh my goodness he is so big. seeing him makes me cry. i miss y'all so much

Dahnelle said...

How would no diapers be??? We are also Thomas fanatics in this house. :)

steveandamybrossard said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!
Don't you love how easy it is to make 3 year olds happy! And no diapers. Wow. That seems totally incomprehendable to me. I love your pictures! by the way, we would have come over for no reason . WE do just live down the street.

steveandamybrossard said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Don't you love how easy it is to make a 3 year old completely overjoyed. (By the way, we would have come over even if it was for no reason except hang out). And no diapers? That is totally incomprehendable to me. . . Some day in a far away world. . .

Anonymous said...

So we would have come over even if it was for no reason. . . and happy birthday Tyler! A day with no diapers. I can't even comprehend it. Some day in a far away time and place.